MRI runs educational and awareness programmes for its own personnel as well as for external groups and organisations. MRI has developed a methodology of presentation for these programmes that both encourages and benefits from shared learning. The knowledge gained, shared and passed on transcends cultures, generations and the social scale.
MRI aims to promote and advance the education of the public in maritime rescue. We achieve this by:
- Visiting groups – schools, local clubs
- Using knowledge of others
- Learning from other cultures
- Addressing the loss of inherent lifeboat skills (fishermen)
- MRI Youth Group
- Education for young people, with characters Rory & Ropey
We encourage visits by schools and enjoy giving Talks and Demos to all kinds of Associations and Groups.
For further advice or information about the MRI education programmes, please contact MRI’s Education & Projects Office, email@example.com or Tel. 01569 765668.
MRI has developed a programme of youth activities supporting its aim of public education and accident prevention in the waterborne environment. The success and usefulness of the programmes already undertaken means that MRI is fully committed to the delivery of youth programmes in the future.
We can provide a programme for everything from Nursery to Secondary, for groups of 8 up to 60.
We are happy to work with schools to provide a programme that suits their particular needs, for example:
- a curriculum linked geology field trip
- children who are failing at school and need to learn alternative skills
- a focus on enterprise, teambuilding, communications
- nursery kids who need just the basic safety message …..
We will very soon be registered on Aberdeenshire Council’s Approved External Learning Providers list, and we have information sheets available on our standards and policies.
Please browse through the sections below explaining and illustrating some of our programmes.
- Why MRI wants to be involved with Youth Work; Clients in 2005
- MRI in Schools; Sample Activities
- Practical notes; Cost
- Feedback from Pupils and Schools
- Information sheets
For further advice or information about the MRI youth programmes, please contact MRI’s Education & Projects Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 01569 765668.