MRI runs educational and awareness programmes for its own personnel as well as for external groups and organisations. MRI has developed a methodology of presentation for these programmes that both encourages and benefits from shared learning. The knowledge gained, shared and passed on transcends cultures, generations and the social scale.
MRI aims to promote and advance the education of the public in maritime rescue. We achieve this by:
- Visiting groups – schools, local clubs
- Using knowledge of others
- Learning from other cultures
- Addressing the loss of inherent lifeboat skills (fishermen)
- MRI Youth Group
- Education for young people, with characters Rory & Ropey
We encourage visits by schools and enjoy giving Talks and Demos to all kinds of Associations and Groups.
For further advice or information about the MRI education programmes, please contact MRI’s Education & Projects Office, email@example.com or Tel. 01569 765668.